By Floro Quibuyen On his 31 December 1888 letter to his compatriots, whose important … [Read More...]
Thanks for dropping by. You have reached the Philippine Studies section of emanila.com which contains articles and other materials relating to the Philippines. Being one of emanila’s oldest sections, it has attracted its own followings, particularly students in the Philippines, Australia, United States and other countries. Other government institutions in Australia have been known to… [Continue Reading]
Essays / Commentaries
- Sa Aking Mga Kabata – Did the 8-year old Rizal write this Tagalog poem?
- Bayan Ko, A Dramatic Reading
- Can We Turn Back From A Maelstrom? Breaking the Impasse over the West Philippines Sea
- The Filipino Youth in Geopolitical Context: Leveraging the Power of Social Media and the Internet towards Online Political Engagement in the West Philippine Sea Dispute
- Filipino youth push social media leveraging in West Philippine Sea dispute
English (Loose translation): There is no point blaming yourself for something that has happened in the … [Read More...]
- Huli man daw at magaling, naihahabol din.
- Kung binigyan ng buhay, bibigyan din ng ikabubuhay.
- Ang paala-ala ay mabisang gamot sa taong nakakalimot
- Ang tunay na kaibigan, nakikilala sa kagipitan
- Turan mo ang iyong kaibigan, sasabihin ko kung sino ikaw
- Salawikain (Tagalog Proverbs)
[This is Part 6, the concluding part, of Rizal’s Legacy for the 21st Century: Progressive Education, Social … [Read More...]
Sa aklat niyang The Significance of Theory, inilarawan ni Terry Eagleton ang teorya: “Like small lumps in the neck, it is a symptom that all is not well (1990:26)”. Ang mga … [Read More...]
English Version: To the Young Women of Malolos Buod: Sa kanyang liham sa mga kadalagahan ng Malolos na sinulat noog … [Read More...]
By Floro Quibuyen On his 31 December 1888 letter to his compatriots, whose important meeting he couldn’t attend, … [Read More...]