OUR STORIES (AND HISTORY):
Philippine site thrills
The beginning of emanila
Romy Cayabyab wins Multicultural Media Awards for Coverage of Community Affairs
Best Website in Best Interactive Media, Migration Advocacy and Media Awards, Office of the Philippine President’s Commission on Filipinos Overseas
For those wondering what the National Multicultural Marketing Awards is all about, here is a brief description from the organising group within the NSW Premier’s Office:
The awards aim to:
* highlight the responsibility of public sector managers to cater to the needs of the whole community and to fully inform all people about their services and activities.
* promote the advantages for commercial managers of marketing their product or service to every potential client or customer.
* stimulate creativity in marketing to a culturally diverse society.
* recognise work of a high marketing standard so as to inspire marketers who are not yet meeting the challenges of a culturally diverse society and do not enjoy the benefits of this market.
* promote a more equitable representation of our diversity as a nation through mass media marketing channels.
What emanila.com won was the Technology Award which was first introduced as an additional category in 2000 in recognition of the growing importance of the Internet in marketing.
Among those who competed for the inaugural category award were major corporates in Australia including Telstra and other communications companies.