This Policy governs our practices and procedures in the collection, usage and access of user information for EMANILA.COM Pty Ltd (emanila) including the following web sites:
Cooltext:-) SMS – from the TXT capital of the world
emanila.com - a place like home on the world wide web
emanilapoetry – exponent of today’s Filipino poetry
e-manila*mail – your mail away from home
PinoyJokes.net – the funniest Filipino jokes around!
The Filipino Australian – Filipino influence in Australia
Wow Sarap online cookbook
CcmatriX – beyond web designing
We review our privacy practices from time to time to take into account changing market conditions and practices in the industry. We ask that you periodically review this page to ensure familiarity with the most current version of our privacy statement.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
A. When you connect to our server to download a file or open a page, we log the following:
* The host name or IP address connecting;
* The date and time;
* The file or page requested;
* The result of that request;
* The referring site; and
* The version of the web browser you used, as reported to us by the web browser.
B. In addition to the above, the following information is also collected:
1. When you sign up as a subscriber to any of our updates and alert notices, eg, emanila highlights, PinoyJokes Email, Whatï¿½s Cooking? and similar newsletters, we collect email address. In some cases, we collect your name.
2. When you sign up as a member using our online form, we collect the following information which you enter into the form:
* Your name;
* Your email address;
* Your physical address;
* Your birth year which we use to validate your identity when you correspond with us.
Other information is optional.
3. When you post a message to any of our posting message boards eg, guestbooks, announcement boards, letters to the editor, discussion board, where is…?, online news, jokes book, or similar pages, your email address is optional.
4. When you use our Tell-a-Friend, Recommend this page, Web cards, or Send this page forms, we collect your name and email address as well as the name and email address to whom you’re sending the page.
5. When you use our Links page, your URL and whatever information is required to help our users direct to your web page.
6. When you send us an email using our online form, including Feedback, Share-A-Recipe, Send-Email-To-Writer, your name, your email address, and subject of your query or message.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION
We are not members of any mailing list organisation. We do not sell information collected from our users, members, subscribers and correspondents.
Neither do we share information with third or external parties except where we are required by applicable legislation, or except as explicitly stated below.
1. Collected as a result of a connection to our server
We use this information to determine patterns of interest in our web site and other network sites, and to determine what material is of most interest to the people accessing our web sites. This influences our decisions on what new material and information to include.
2. Collected when you join as a subscriber
This is used where we send our newsletters, updates and other news alerts have subscribed to receive.
3. Collected when you join as a member
This is used to contact you and to authenticate your identity when you correspond with us. We also used this information to draw up a general profile of our membership. We DO NOT draw up individual profiles of our members.
4. Collected when you post a message using our guestbooks, whereis, and jokes book page.
Your message or posting is immediately world viewable. Also, we see only what the viewing world sees – nothing more nothing less. It is therefore left to the discretion of the poster what user details they would like to show to the world.
5. Collected when you use our Links page, Announcement Boards, and Online News
In cases where these pages are “open” that is, allows automatic uploading of messages, your message or posting is immediately world viewable. We see only what the viewing world sees. The same usage applies to guestbooks, whereis and jokes book pages.
In cases where these pages are “closed,” that is, only our system administrator can post to these boards, user details like name and email addresses are used to contact the poster for clarification and verification of user information.
6. Collected when you submit feedback
This is used to respond to you, if necessary.
HOW TO GET ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION WE HAVE RECORDED
We are required to give access to or make corrections to personal information that we have recorded on you. This only applies to information that can be readily identified with an individual.
There are also cases where request for access or corrections to personal information may attract fees.
To get access to the information:
1. Collected as a result of connecting to our server.
Since this information is not normally identifiable with an individual, it is thus is not normally personal information within the meaning of the law. However, if you can be specific about the system you connected from, and you can establish to our satisfaction that the connection does correspond to you, and that there is a reasonable means that a person could use to cross-reference this to you, we can provide you with a copy of the records.
This information is not subject to correction, as it is factual information that was necessarily correct at the time of collection.
Additionally, the individual facilitating access to information collected under section 1(a) may charge a fee for their time taken to identify, extract and provide this information, even if they determine that there is no information that is readily identifiable with you. In the event that a fee will be charged, you will be informed of this prior to any charged work being undertaken.
2. Collected when you join as a subscriber
We have an online form where subscribers or those who think have been subscribed can check this information. Users can enter their email address in our online subscription form which will be inform them users whether they are subscribed.
Should the users decide to remove their email address from our server, they may do so online using the subscription link. Once removed or unsubscribed, user information is permanently deleted. // You can also unsubscribe by contacting us so we can manually unsubscribe your email address. You need to send us a copy of the mailout you received in order for us to identify which newsletters or e-updates your email address will be removed from. //
3. Collected when you join as a member
Members have the facility to check their personal details online. They also have the option to amend their personal details. Should members decide to cancel their membership, they may do so online. Once cancelled, user information is permanently deleted from our server.
4. Collected when you used our guestbook, announcement boards, letters to the Editor, jokes book, discussion board, links page, and similar pages
Other than our normal server and system back up operations of web pages, we do not maintain a database of user details recorded on these pages.
Any request to amend these pages to edit/delete user details may attract charges from the individual facilitating access to information collected. These charges will be equivalent to the individualï¿½s fee for time taken to identify, extract and edit/delete this information. In the event that a fee will be charged, the requesting user will be informed of this prior to any charged work being undertaken.
5. Collected when you use our web cards or postcards shop
Other than our normal server and system back up operations of web pages, we do not maintain a database of personal details recorded on these pages. Any information in our server of user details is automatically deleted after certain number of days from the date a card is created and sent.
Any request to delete user details before the expiry date may attract charges from the individual facilitating access to information collected. These charges will be equivalent to the individualï¿½s fee for time taken to identify, extract and edit/delete such information. In the event that a fee will be charged, the requesting user will be informed of this prior to any charged work being undertaken.
6. Collected when you contact us using your normal email client or our online form (online news, announcements, feedback)
Unless your arrangement with us proceeds to a continuing basis, we delete your email address from our records after we have actioned on your query.
ACCEPTABLE USES POLICY
* Not to send unsolicited bulk email through Cc and emanila.com IPP services
* Not to send unsolicited email that advertises a web page or other service which they offer through Cc and emanila.com IPP services
* Not to use unsolicited bulk email from directing responses of any kind through Cc and emanila.com IPP services.
Any breach of this Acceptable Uses Policy is severely dealt with. Actions may be termination of services and/or legal proceedings against the client or customer propagating unsolicited bulk email through our IPP services.
If you need more information, please send email to Publisher & Managing Director using our online contact form.